A Neat Idea

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dajeti2

Reaction score
Athena & Apollo have shown me they wantwood to chew. The proof is on my entertainment center lol. So I tookthe hint. I have made a huge willow arrangement for them. But for a bitof fun I took a bowl of water and mixed in a grape kool-aid packet. Iput in a handful of craft sticks. I soaked them for two days. I tookthem out today and dried them off. They actually smell like grape. Igave one to Apollo and he loved it. I gave one to Athena and she wentnuts. When they were done I had a handful of toothpicks. I'm going totry different flavors. But when I saw how much they enjoyed them, Iwanted to share the idea. Maybe someone else's bunn would enjoy themtoo. Let me know what you think.

Tina

Generally speaking, sugar is not good forbuns. I do suspect, though, your new treat idea cannot be anyworse, when it comes to sugar quantity, than many of the bone-fidetreats we often give to rabbits.

Sounds pretty clever to me.

Buck

cute! the kool-aidpacketalone probably doesnt contain too muchsugar since for it to taste like anything (to us @ least), aton of sugar needs to be added...on another note-batman just yawned& did this weird little screach-so cute. :p

I've done that sort of thing, too. A bit differentthough. I let them chew the bark off the apple tree wood, then sincethey won't touch the wood after without the bark. I soak it insomething to add flavor. Normally after my mom makes broccoli (whichthey love) I soak the wood in that. You could also try vanilla, if it'ssafe in there water, it would be safe on the wood. There are probablyother ideas, just need to think about other flavors you could use.

Laura

Buck, I am so sorry. I forgot to mention I didn'tput any sugar in it. I was so excited at their reaction Imust have left it out.

Batbunny, that is so cute. I get yawns but never a little screech. too cute.

M&Smom, thank you. I never even thought of that. The next timeI fix something like that I'll just save the water. My bunns will thankyou too.

lol...hes been doing it alot lately.since hes "hit puberty" (i.e.:begun humping & diggingincessantly), hes been quite vocal. he makes these little roboticgrunts when hes trying to get at my arm ( :shock:) and doesthe screech everytime he yawns.

How do you keep from cracking up lol? I don't havea mike either. Too bad. You could post BAtman's screech & Icould post Apollo baaing like a lamb lol

Tina

Hi dajeti2,

Very cute idea! Good thinking not adding water.

Also, very inventive of you, M&SMom.

Tucker tends to enjoy being the 'big man' and ripping off the bark ofthe apple wood logs as well, but when that's over, given time, hestarts to chew on the wood itself. It's a pretty wood when you get pastthe bark. I leave it in his cage at all times in case he gets bored andwants something to chew on.

Those rabbits of yours sure have The Life; the both of you ladies could have your own chapter in a book as to your ideas.

Puberty getting the best of BatMan, BatBunny? Be strong!

-Carolyn

Dajeti2,

I think it's sweet of you to be so concerned about what makes your little ones happy.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back