Harness.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuddlesMom

Reaction score
Yesterday i tried to put my bunny on a harness(wich he use to do ok with) well he just about freaked out he took offlike a shot the leash was dragging all over the floor i was afraid hewas gonna choke himself :( Finally he let me take it off of him...if iput him in the grass but i watched him what are the chances he wouldbolt off? Im looking into now a lil play pen where he can kinda run ina small area and eat grass..its getting nicer here i want him to getfresh air and be able to eat some of the greens i have outside.

If you haven't put it on for a long time, it'sexpected for him to act weird. He is probably likely to run off, notall bunnies will, but most will. If you put on just the harness andunclip the lead from him and just let him run around inside with it on,he is likely to get used to it and not run from the harness as much. Ido this with Spice as it makes it so much easier to take him outsidebecause he is used to the harness all ready and is more concerned withhis surroundings.

Laura

Buster tied to take his off when I first put it on and got better withit. I try and put it on him every night when I get home and let him outin the house. he is getting much better and dose not mind it as much.He dose not heal very well. That's some thing I think I will have toget use to.

The harness I got has Velcro (sp?) under the belly and neck and has anadjustable clip around the neck as well. It looks like a little mesh Tshirt almost on him. Its too cute!:dude:

Any one have experience with this kind of harness is it ok or should I get some thing that clips around the belly and neck?

Velcro can easily come undone, I'd be hesitant tolet them outside on it. They are masters at escaping and I'd be worriedthey might manage to get that undone. I use a kitten harness, the bunnyharnesses in stores are much to small for my bunnies, all the ones Ican find are for dwarf rabbits. A kitten harness is larger then a bunnyone, but smaller then an adult harness. It clips at the top and is, inmy opinions, a better choice to ensure bunny safety.

Laura

Megan hated the harness too when I first put it onher, she ran around and chewed at it and was grunting like crazy, butnow I just slip it on, clip it and let her go! She runs around outsidebut she's still in my hand control :) I just give the leash a littlepull and she backs away from where I dont want her to go. So keeppracticing, eventually your bun will get used to it.

Ya, Spice will feel the slightest pressure on theharness and back up naturally because he doesn't like it. Mocha willfeel the pressure from it tightening and will bolt forawrds, he islearning though!

Laura

Ok well i just invested in a "play pen"for him. I will try the harness again but i scared the living crapoutta him and felt real bad yesterday...this harness slips over hishead then under his front paws then clips on the back. Owell he issleeping now he has a big ole belly full of grass!!:D

Latest posts

Back