Treats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLover

Reaction score
Hi!

What kind of treats do your rabbits like? I'm trying to find somehealthy treats for my rabbits so I can train them to come when they arecalled. Unfortunately they don't like much. So any ideas would be great!

Lissa

Do your rabbits go nuts in there cage when you goto feed them there pellets whenever you do? Mine do so in the morningsbefore I feed them I take them out and feed some of their food by handto them and they come pretty good, then after a few times when theyactually come to me, I leave them to eat the rest in peace.

My rabbits go nuts for the oatmeal I feed them inthe morning, but I'm looking for something that may be a little easierto feed them outside their cages.

Thanks,

Lissa

My bun goes nuts for the Habitrail Snacks. They'recolorful little oat cripsies. I haven't bought any for a month now butshe also comes to her timothy hay. She just wants her food though,she'll never been trained, she's a wild one.. lol

ZuPreem fruit flavored, fruit shaped, chunky parrot food is a favorite treat for most of our buns.

Appl-n-Oats horse treats provides a different, if not as welcomed, change for them.

Most seem to like Lofties, made by Vita-Craft, which is healthier than most of their line.

Our buns love their yogurt drops, but their high sugar content makes for only a rare, occasional treat.

Buck.....visiting Carolyn & Tucker

I keep my Sherman on an all-naturalregimen. His favorite treats are apple, pineapple, raisins,and parsley (not necessarily in this order). :)

When I offered a bit o banana (and I mean abit...since they have just hit the age where they are able to have ateeeeensyweeeeeeensy treat) would you believe what they do?

They rub it all over the underside of their chins.....mmmmmmmmm howappetizing is that? " nice l'il banana mush on your face Jezebel?? ""how about a nice chin full of oat cracker Jade?" ROFLMA .....ohhhhhhormones

Cher

Hi BunnyLover et. al.

Tucker Bucker will do anything for a yogurt chip, a honey stick, orcrimped oats. He's a little pig because he thinks he's entitled to eatanything I eat.

He, too, goes bananas over bananas, Cher. He can be downright obnoxious about getting a bite.

-Carolyn

P.S. Carrots, be careful of the chocolate.

P.S. The honey stick is the trick to getting Tucker to pose for a picture.

Megan wont eat anything unless its pellets, hay,or something along the lines of wallpaper, carpet or cardboard... shehates apples, lettuce, carrots, and celery! :(

Three, four months old not unrealistic, butintroduce gradually and sparingly. If loose stool is noticed,refrain from fresh greens immediately.

Iceberg lettuce would be ill advised, too much water, too littlesubstance. Darker greens preferred, such as spinach,dandelion, mustard greens, kale and the like, but everything inmoderation, as too much of any of these can lead to healthproblems from over consumption of some of their minerals.

An inch of so of carrot will suffice because they are rich insugar, as is banana. Better choices might be apple, pear,parsnip.

Common sense, moderation, and observation of the stool are the key issues to pay attention to.

Buck

*high-five* BunnyMommy! :dude:

I like it too! :D

-Carolyn

:shock: Thanks Buck! It was your post that inspired me to look it up again because of spinach.

:)

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back