POOP Problem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here and have to saythis isa great website.I have a little problem on my hands. I bought a rabbit, don't know thebreed but it's white with black eyes, the thing is it's poops likecrazy. Every 10-50 secs one ball comes out. I love to play with and letit run around but the poop all over the houseis driving mygirlfriend crazy and she wants it out:X. It's 3 months old and i leaveit's feed full plated and occationlly scatter treats over it's cage. Isit temperoriay...hopefully.

Any help would be greatly aprreiated!

Marcus

Welcome Marcus!

It's simple. Dump your girlfriend and keep therabbit! They're much less work and a lot lessjudgemental. (Only kidding!) ;)

I think one of the cutest ways I've heard it put was byHB104. Her rabbits poop like pepper grinders. Onceyou get your little one litter trained, it should ease up, but I won'tguarantee 100% success in getting all the poops in thelitterbox. There is a post on this board entitled "LitterboxTraining". I'd suggest you find in among the pages, and readit for suggestions.

In the meantime, until the little one is litter trained, I'd limit herfree space to one room, placing the litterbox in the area where shepoops the most, and start working on the techniques pointed out in thepost I mentioned in the last paragraph.

Let us know how it goes. A poopin bunny is a healthybunny. It's part of having a rabbit though; you just have toaccept that this is what comes with the territory. I mightadd that the joys, love, laughter, and cuddling you'll get is paybacktenfold for theeffort it takes to scoop the poop and drop itin the box. I'm forever grateful that the poop is dry andunscented.

I'd suggest younot overfeed your rabbit treats (aka:storebought treats/veggies/fruit). Due to the high content ofsugar, it's bad for your rabbit's system, besides if given too manyveggies/fruit, you may start to notice diarrhea. Everythingin moderation...treats once or twice a week. I believe it'sbest to stick to a diet of a good-quality rabbitpellet (notthe colored, pretty pellets) and timothy hay with an occasionaltreat.

Keep us posted

-Carolyn

Thanks for the input. I was wondering though howwould I go about potty training my rabbit. I mean when I let it runaround in the room it see's me picking up after it but it just keepsat.

Any idea's again would be GREATLY appreiated!!

Marcus

Oh and one more thing, I stopped using the hayclippings so it's easier to clean it's cage of his litter. I now usenewspaper with little hay and replace every 3 days. Is that okay?

marcus

Potty training and litter training are the same thing. Again, see thepost about Litter Training. All the questions and detailed explanationsare in there.

Best not to use hay on the floor of where your rabbit is urinating andpooping because if it eats soiled hay, which they do, it will get sick.

-Carolyn

P.S. Timothy Hay helps their digestive system, especially this time of year when they're molting.

Marcus wrote:
Thanks for the input. I was wondering though how would I goabout potty training my rabbit. I mean when I let it run around in theroom it see's me picking up after it but it just keeps at.

Any idea's again would be GREATLY appreiated!!

Marcus

Babies seem to have far less control and just let the poops fly!

I remember one day I got sick of picking up poops and put a little yellow pair of pants on our precious Princess :cool:

Pam N.

CCCCaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrroooooooooooollllllllyyyyyyyyyyynn.
(hi)
I have a quick question.
My bunnies live outdoors. Ebony is very good and only poops in one sideof her hutch but fidget poops all over the garden. Is there anyway icould train him to poop in one side of his cage?

Wuv 4rm loz n the bunnies

xXx

Hi Loz! :)

You could put a corner litterbox in the cage and some people put alittle hay in there to encourage them to visit thebox.If the little one poops outside of the box, putthem inside the litterbox. When she does go in the litterboxand you see her in the process, cheer her on and perhaps you can giveher a treat of some of her pellets and/or one of her treats she reallyloves. Be careful not to overfeed ontreats. Let us know how this goes to start outwith.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back