Rabbit of the Month - Sophie

Rabbits Online > Off Topic for Rabbit Owners > Bunny Blogs > My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #881
Chrisdoc
Chris
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

Rabbits

Liked 531 Times on 454 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Morgan, all this talk of spring makes me want to sing....better not do or else it´ll rain again haha.

Ellie is gorgeous, what a big girl she´s growing into. Her fur looks so soft and I love that little face...ah, her eyes are just like Houdinis, every time I see her photo I look at him.

Those chicks are so cute, they all sort of legs but such lovely colours. Your poor Roo all on his own...hope he does well in his new home. I did laugh yesterday reading about him thinking you´re a threat....funny how animals see some of us humans.

Finger looks much better as well, bet you´re glad about that. Do with your middle finger whatever you need to do lol.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #882
whitelop
Morgan

Rabbits

Liked 490 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Ellie IS really soft. Her baby fur seems to be gone and her adult fur is here and its really soft and smooth and shiny. I think the food change has helped her coat a little.

I think I'm going to take her outside now! haha. I'll take some pictures.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #883
whitelop
Morgan

Rabbits

All of your eyes are going to be assaulted by adorable Outdoor Ellie.
Sit back and enjoy!

Old 03-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #884
HolyHandGrenade
Missy
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

Rabbits

Liked 111 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Baby face washies!!! In the sunshine!!! omg omg omg my eyes, they've been overcuted!

I think Ellie will always qualify as a baby in my eyes. I still call Monty my "baby bunny" even though she's longer than most housecats because she isn't done growing *yet*.

Random thought: it's weird how some breeds of bunnies have a nose that seems like it's "open" more often, or seems to not wiggle down all the way when it goes up and down, while other breeds and types have really "closed" looking noses. Ellie's tends to look "closed" a lot, but Monty's only seems to close halfway while she's wiggling, so it almost always looks open when I catch it in pics. Random brainwaves are over now. *This has not been a fully formed thought. MissyBrainWaves are not intended to be taken up for serious discussion, and you are considered just as loony as she if you happen to know whatever the hell she's talking about.

PS: Monty occasionally gets a food pellet up her nose and has to snort and swipe to get it to pop out. My furchild is like the one kid who shoves everything up their nose in preschool.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #885
PaGal

Rabbits

Liked 270 Times on 239 Posts

I'm glad your finger is doing even better!

Ellie is so pretty! I adore the outside pics. Bunnies just look so right when surrounded by the green of outside. Or maybe it's just because I always have to see Thumper on this ugly green, worn carpet I hate and can't wait to replace. Rant over.

The chicks right now look something like a cross between a chicken and a giraffe. At least if giraffes were really small animals. Their necks look so long.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #886
Chrisdoc
Chris
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

Rabbits

Liked 531 Times on 454 Posts
Likes Given: 19

These are just too cute....she looks lovely in all that green and love the yellow flower. She has such a bonny face and I love the last but one photo where she´s so alert, that is such a dutchie face and I just adore it.

I suppose where buns are concerned, they have the same nose problems as we have...some are smaller, wider, flatter, fatter, bigger, much bigger....just some silly thoughts lol.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #887
whitelop
Morgan

Rabbits

Missy, I've thought the same thing about noses! I think that this is the most 'open' I've seen Ellie's because she was really sniffing out there. But normally, she's a light nose wriggler and her nose doesn't open that much. Plus she has a TINY nose compared to Monty! haha.

The other day I figured out that I can put just about anything on her head and she doesn't try to shake it off or get it off. So last night I was putting a debit card on her head, I put pellets on her head, anything light that will stay I'll put up there. haha. I found the flower and put it on her head and she didn't care at all. Plus, it looked really cute! haha.

She was a little scared at first because the cars were going by, but after about the 30th car, she got a little more used to the sound and she seemed a lot more comfortable. THEN we heard the hawks! haha. That picture where she's really alert was when the hawks were talking to each other.
She ate some clovers, really seemed to like them.

I think I want to make her a little house for outside, with a little run area; covered of course, to keep her safe from the hawks. But I think she would really like a little outside hutch to get to the grass and sunshine for a few hours a day. I think she would like that. Maybe in her run area I could plant her some really nice grass to eat.
BUT this is all a pipe dream, I'll probably never get around to do any of this! LOL

Old 03-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #888
JBun
Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
RABBIT_MODERATOR.png

Rabbits

Liked 689 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Clover and dandelion = BUNNY HEAVEN, hahaha My buns were the same way, all nervous after a whole winter not being outdoors. I took the boys out first, thinking they would be the brave ones, plus they are sooo hyper and have all this energy they need to burn off. But nope, all that 'Brave' indoors, is just false brevado. They were big chickens(not to disparage chickens in any way)! They hardly left my lap the whole time. Toby did finally get brave enough to start hopping around a little, but Riley just hunkered down in my lap and didn't want to leave. I took the girls out, and they were a little nervous at first, but instantly started exploring. Girls are so much braver than boys!

The cars and birds spooked my buns a little too. We only get occasional cars driving by, but when they did, Libby would just smoosh herself flat, into the grass until it drove by. I think it's so funny that this bright white rabbit thinks it can't be seen if it just lays down really low in the grass, which is hardly grass right now anyways since the snow just melted off of it. There were also some blue jays squawking, which had the buns on high alert too, like Ellie. Dakota and Flopsy don't hardly get scared at all when I take them outside. I don't know if they just remember being out there before, or what, but they have a blast hopping around. I'll try and remember to take some pics next time I'm out with them.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #889
whitelop
Morgan

Rabbits

It was actually pretty cool watching Ellie being a bunny outside. Like sort of natural, scared of things. Like you said Jenny, she would mush her body down to the ground really flat to try to hide from the cars. haha. But her big ears sticking up were a little obvious!
I had to feel her heart a few times to make sure she wasn't going to have a heart attack and her heart wasn't beating that fast...until I picked her up to bring her in. LOL.

Yes Jenny, do try to take some pictures of your babies outside! I bet they're so precious.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #890
agnesthelion

Liked 227 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Aaaaah those are the cutest pics ever!!!! Oh for petes sake you have green stuff there.....? I'm so jelly. We have snow on the flipping ground still! And ice!!! Oh my gosh. I. Need. Spring. Now.

I cant wait to take them outside. I know what you mean about seeing them be more real rabbits outside. That clover and dandelion was a bunny's dream! I bet Ellie had so much fun!