Rabbit of the Month - Sophie

Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > General Rabbit Discussion > I Just Kicked My Rabbit!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
agnesthelion

Liked 227 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Default I Just Kicked My Rabbit!

Last edited by agnesthelion; 07-03-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
hannah_biota

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Don't beat yourself up, it was an accident & I'm sure you are more traumatized than her. I rolled my dog's nose up in the car window once. He was screaming, I felt so bad about it!

Old 03-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
whitelop
Morgan

Rabbits

Liked 490 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I kick Ellie all the time. She's always under my feet, she gets slid across the kitchen all the time! She's always fine.

I'm sure Agnes is okay, you probably just startled her!

Old 03-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
JBun
Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
RABBIT_MODERATOR.png

Rabbits

Liked 689 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Lol, Morgan, that sounds so bad, but it's so hard to avoid with these little guys cause they have no clue to stay away from these feet of ours.

Oh, I've nearly stepped on a few of my rabbits with my whole weight before. I'm usually really careful about shuffling my feet and where I set my feet down, but even then those little rascals can be on the complete other side of the room, and you think you're safe and go to take a step, and all the sudden there is a rabbit right under your foot. Luckily I've been able to catch myself before putting my whole weight down, but they still got smooshed to the floor slightly. It scares the crap out of me cause I'm so worried I've hurt them. They just don't understand what big clumsy beasts we are, or they would have more sense to stay clear of our feet.

I get more careful with each near miss. Now I slide my feet and try to not even pick them up, and watch each step I make, whenever I have my rabbits out, but even then there are some close calls.

Last edited by JBun; 03-05-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
Cartoonist 35

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

now you just need to give her treats to show her your sorry.
your not being judged, but give her some treats and make up with her.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
Chrisdoc
Chris
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

Rabbits

Liked 530 Times on 453 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Lisa I´ve done that more than once and you absolutely panic cos you think you´ve hurt them and then spend the next few hours checking them out. Normally, it´s of no consequence and they are fine but it sure scares the crap out of me lol. I mean, can´t you see me, I´m not exactly small haha.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #7
whitelop
Morgan

Rabbits

Liked 490 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Awww. I bet it was a terrible noise, considering most of the time they never make noise.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #8
JBun
RABBIT_MODERATOR.png

Rabbits

A rabbit scream is probably the most horrible noise I've ever heard, cause it's one of those 'dying noises' that animals make. But the two times I've heard it, the rabbits weren't dying, or even in much danger. They just thought they were. My one rabbit that I first heard do it, was outside on her leash and she heard something that freaked her out, and panicked and ran, wrapping her and her leash around a bench post, at which point she screamed. She was perfectly fine, just frightened. Then this last time I heard it was when I was seeing if it would be possible to introduce Baby to Dakota, and Dakota latched onto Baby, and Baby screamed. I should have known better as Dakota has always been a big grump!

Old 03-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #9
Cartoonist 35

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

let it be known that rabbits can littery scream bloodly murder...
well the most important thing now to do is to reearn her trust.
but don't go off thinking your some monster ok were only human,
were all not perfect ok .

Old 03-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #10
JBun
RABBIT_MODERATOR.png

Rabbits

Lol, with how much Agnes LOVES you, I doubt she even gave it a second thought. Though I'm sure she wouldn't refuse a treat if you offered it as an apology, hahaha. She was probably more like 'what in the heck was that' and didn't even realize it was your foot that did it. I've also had rabbits do little squeeks, and I think that's what you most likely heard from her. Trust me, if she had done the death scream, there would be no doubt in your mind. It's very unmistakable.

Leashes actually work pretty well. I've used a leash for years, and this is the only rabbit that has ever done this. You also kind of get the hang of how best to use it too. Like if I notice my rabbit is getting scared of something, then I'll kneel down next to the rabbit to help calm it down, or if it's freaking out about something, I'll shorten the leash, to get to the rabbit, then scoop it up and hold it close til it calms down. I will mention that if you get one, make sure it has one of those stretchy leashes. It helps to have that little bit of 'give' in the leash when your rabbit decides it wants to suddenly dash off. You also kind of learn to use your arm to give a little too, so that there isn't a sudden jerk on the leash with your rabbit.